- Recommended for up to 450 WHP on the Focus ST.
- Protects your engine from fuel starvation on Big Turbo setups
- Provides the extra fuel needed for more boost and power
- Keeps intake valves clean to avoid low speed pre-ignition (a form of super knock)
- Directional injection that ensures even distribution of fuel
- Better fuel metering and atomization than a WMI system
- Water-methanol injection (WMI) port included for non-E85 users
- Fully Plug and Play. No cutting, splicing, soldering or any non-reversible modifications
- No extra tanks or reservoirs or pressure regulators needed
- E85 Safe
STRATIFIED Xtra Fuel System V2
STRATIFIED Xtra Fuel System V2 – 2.0/2.3L Ecoboost
The OEM DI (direct injection) fuel system in the 2.0 EcoBoost can deliver fuel for up to around 375 WHP, but after this point it starts to run out in two main areas: The HPFP (high pressure fuel pump), and fuel injectors. The HPFP is the first to lose pressure and this can cause driveability issues such as sputtering or not running smooth to redline. The DI injectors are soon to follow in terms of flow limitation especially if fuel pressure drops. This can put the motor at risk of running lean and is especially dangerous when running a bigger turbo! Upgrades for these components however, are both expensive and in the case of the HPFP simply not available.
Auxiliary fuel can provide that extra volume of fuel to relieve some of the load that high horsepower builds demand from the OEM fuel system. It also helps run a richer mixture which keeps detonation and heat down which are the major factors that contribute to piston and engine failure.
Additionally, aux fuel has much better fuel metering and atomization than a WMI system – it is a proper fuel system that is also more reliable.
Direct injected cars offer an increased level of efficiency and capabilities. However, the fuel systems are very expensive and difficult to upgrade when you want to extract more power from the engine. Many OEMs opt to run both port and direct injection systems on their high power vehicles. This way you keep the DI system’s efficiency and only use the port aux system at wide open throttle.
Once installed, the system should be tuned (tuning is needed) to work in tandem with the OEM fuel delivery system for seamless and safe power delivery – especially when using ethanol based fuels that have higher fuel flow requirements.
Check out our You Tube Channel BCB YouTube!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.