Brew City Boost is proud to present the ultimate custom tuning for your EcoBoost F150. By re-calibrating your vehicle’s computer for Maximum Horsepower & Torque, Increased Throttle Response, Firmer Shifts and even Increased Fuel Mileage.
This device does not include tunes. BCB tunes can be selected with the purchase of this device. Please describe details of additional tunes in the “Types of Custom Tunes Requested” field above.
Equipped with enhanced features like Bluetooth®, our Proprietary Expansion Port, and Mobile Device Support, the powerful MPVI2 makes it faster and easier to read, edit, and write your vehicle’s software.
Package the MPVI2 together with VCM Editor and VCM Scanner, which make up the essentials of VCM Suite, and you have one of the most powerful, scanning, diagnostic, logging and calibration products on the market. Not to mention full support for our latest rendition of Track Addict, whether you frequent the drag strip, circuit, autocross or off-road the MPVI2 has the fastest scanning, logging and data transmission rates to ensure you capture everything.
Taking the first generation MPVI, to the next level, with our Pro Feature Set allowing you to log your vehicle without a laptop (vehicle dependent), Expandable Internal Memory to store your calibration and log files, Bluetooth® connectivity for your laptop or mobile device and proprietary Expander Hub ready for analog / digital / voltage sensor and device inputs.
The MVPI 2 is a remote tuning device and datalogger.
- Record log files to MicroSD Card
- Can datalog 23 PIDS at a time
- Read and save stock file
- Manage tunes from your MicroSD Card
About BCB’s Adaptive Tunes: BCB has developed some very versatile tuning for the F150. Through algorithms the truck will sense what octane fuel its running and automatically adjust tuning to accordingly. The result is one less thing you need to think about! This is great for road trips where you can never be sure what fuel grades will be available, also nice if different people might be filling up the tank, and just easier in general if you run different grades of fuel.
- Highlander – (our adaptive version of our Daily Performance tune) An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- MacGyver – (our adaptive version of our Tow tune) – Specifically designed for towing. Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
About Custom BCB Tuning: BCB’s custom tuning is completely tailored to your vehicle through data logging and revisions. With our custom tuning we make each tune specific to your vehicles modifications, the specific fuel you run, altitude, ect. By data logging we can monitor how the vehicle is responding which allows us to make make any tweaks to completely optimize your tune through revisions. If you ever add a bolt-on part afterwords send us a log and we will make any necessary adjustments.
- Daily Performance tune – An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- Tow tune – Specifically designed for towing. Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
- Race tune – Designed for competitive racing on 100+ octane or ethanol mixed fuels. These tunes are optimized for maximum acceleration by providing maximum power while minimizing MPH losses during shifting. Not recommended for street use.
About fuel types: Fuel grade plays a very important role in the type of gains that can be achieved in custom tuning an EcoBoost engine. Lower grades of fuel such as 87 or 89 octane are less resistant to knock, while higher grades such as 93 octane are more resistant to knock. The higher grade of fuel run allows us to tune for more spark advance and boost pressure, which translates to more power. 100+ octane fuels are typically used only on race tracks.
Running an ethanol mixed fuel is an inexpensive way to increase the octane rating of your fuel. The percentage of ethanol a stock F150 will support will vary by production year, or if the truck has an upgraded HPFP. If you live in a colder climate an ethanol mixed tune may not be advised to run in the winter. Typical ethanol mixed tune limits for stock fueling systems are:
- 2011-2016 3.5L F150 – E30
- 2017+ 3.5 F150 – E50
- 2015-2017 2.7L F150 – E30
- 2018+ 2.7L F150 – up to 100% E85
This website provides a good calculator for estimating ethanol mixtures:
When running ethanol blended tunes you need to monitor the concentration (as actual ethanol percentages will vary with seasons / sources). The ideal way to measure would be this kit:
This tester will also work for testing ethanol concentration:
Upgrading the stock HPFP will provide more capacity to run higher fuel volumes (and higher ethanol percentages):
If you are unsure of which ethanol blended tune to select please call us for a consultation.
Methanol: BCB can also tune for methanol injection. If you are running a meth kit please provide the details in the “What mods do you have field”.
About Spark Plugs: Spark plug gap on tuned EcoBoosts should be set at 0.028″.
About Credits: The MPVI2 is a HP Tuners credit based device, and some vehicles require more credits than others to tune. Please check this constantly updated list (link below) to determine how many credits your vehicle requires to tune. Note that the customer must supply the credits for this tune.
Fuel Related links:
This tuning product is not compatible with other plug in tuning devices like BoostMAX, PedalMAX, Scorcher Module, or similar. Likewise, manual boost controllers are not compatible. Notify us of any and all modifications prior to tuning.
*This product is not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles
*Brew City Boost will not alter emissions monitoring systems (O2 sensors) via tuning