Brew City Boost is proud to present the ultimate tune for your EcoBoost. By re-calibrating your vehicle's computer for Maximum Horsepower & Torque, Increased Throttle Response, Firmer Shifts and even Increased Fuel Mileage.
This product is intended for individuals whom already own an Ngauge device and only need a custom Brew City Boost tune(s).
About fuel types: Fuel grade plays a very important role in the type of gains that can be achieved in tuning an EcoBoost engine. Lower grades of fuel such as 87 or 89 octane are more prone to pre-ignition, while higher grades such as 93 octane are less prone to pre-ignition. The higher grade of fuel run allows us to tune for more spark advance and boost, which translates to more power. Running an ethanol mixed fuel is an inexpensive way to increase the octane rating of your fuel. 100+ octane fuels are typically used only on race tracks.
About tune types:
- Daily Performance tune – An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- Tow tune – Specifically designed for towing (trucks and SUVs only). Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
- Race tune – Designed for competitive racing on 100+ octane or ethanol mixed fuels. These tunes are optimized for maximum acceleration by providing maximum power while minimizing MPH losses during shifting. Not recommended for street use.
About pedal response: The responsiveness of the accelerator pedal can be adjusted with custom tuning. Standard response and Aggressive response yield the same performance from the engine.
- Standard – Accelerator pedal is mapped similar to a stock vehicle; 25% pedal input will open your throttle 25%, 100% pedal input will open the throttle 100%. This response provides the best control over the throttle, and is recommended if other people occasionally drive the vehicle.
- Aggressive – Accelerator pedal is mapped more aggressively; 25% pedal input will open your throttle 50%, 75% pedal input will open the throttle 100%. This response provides a sportier feel to the pedal.
BCB can also tune for methanol injection. If you are running a meth kit please provide the details in the “What mods do you have field”.
About Spark Plugs: Spark plug gap on tuned EcoBoosts should be set at 0.028".
About Credits: We use HP Tuners VCM Editor software for tuning with the ngauge. They bill their tuners for each vehicle tuned based on a credit system, and some vehicles require more credits than others to tune. Please check this constantly updated list (link below) to determine how many credits your vehicle requires to tune.
Fuel Related links:
This tuning product is not compatible with other plug in tuning devices like BoostMAX, PedalMAX, Scorcher Module, or similar. Likewise, manual boost controllers are not compatible. Notify us of any and all modifications prior to tuning.
*This product is not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles
*Brew City Boost will not alter emissions monitoring systems (O2 sensors) via tuning