Brew City Boost is proud to present the ultimate custom tuning for your EcoBoost. By re-calibrating your vehicle’s computer for Maximum Horsepower & Torque, Increased Throttle Response, Firmer Shifts and even Increased Fuel Mileage.
This is for 1 custom tune that can only be applied with the an SCT or Bullydog tuner (that you already own). VIN, Strategy Code, and Device Serial Number can be emailed in later if you don’t have access to those when ordering. Send to [email protected] and include your order number.
About fuel types: Fuel grade plays a very important role in the type of gains that can be achieved in tuning an EcoBoost engine. Lower grades of fuel such as 87 or 89 octane are more prone to pre-ignition, while higher grades such as 93 octane are less prone to pre-ignition. The higher grade of fuel run allows us to tune for more spark advance and boost, which translates to more power. Running an ethanol mixed fuel is an inexpensive way to increase the octane rating of your fuel. 100+ octane fuels are typically used only on race tracks.
About tune types:
- Daily Performance tune – An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- Tow tune – Specifically designed for towing (trucks and SUVs only). Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
- Race tune – Designed for competitive racing on 100+ octane or ethanol mixed fuels. These tunes are optimized for maximum acceleration by providing maximum power while minimizing MPH losses during shifting. Not recommended for street use.
About Tuning for Upgraded Fueling Systems: If your vehicle has an upgraded turbo or is running on higher concentrations of ethanol an upgraded fuel system may be needed. If you’ve upgraded your fueling system let us know the specifics and we can optimize the tune for that setup.
- Methanol: BCB can also tune for methanol injection. If you are running a meth kit please provide the details in the “What mods do you have field”.
- Ethanol: Running an ethanol mixed fuel is an inexpensive way to increase the octane rating of your fuel. The percentage of ethanol a stock vehicle will support will vary by production year, or if the vehicle has an upgraded HPFP. If you live in a colder climate an ethanol mixed tune may not be advised to run in the winter.
Our website provides a good calculator for estimating ethanol mixtures:
When running ethanol blended tunes you need to monitor the concentration (as actual ethanol percentages will vary with seasons / sources). The ideal way to measure would be this kit:
This tester will also work for testing ethanol concentration:
Upgrading the stock HPFP will provide more capacity to run higher fuel volumes (and higher ethanol percentages):
If you are unsure of which ethanol blended tune to select please call us for a consultation.
About Spark Plugs: Spark plug gap on tuned EcoBoosts should be set at 0.028″.
Fuel Related links:
Livelink Software – used for setting up your device for Datalogging, and transferring datalogs from your device to your computer.
Device Updater – used for adding custom tunes to your device and updating the firmware on your device
This tuning product is not compatible with other plug in tuning devices like BoostMAX, PedalMAX, Scorcher Module, or similar. Likewise, manual boost controllers are not compatible. Notify us of any and all modifications prior to tuning.
*This product is not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles
*Brew City Boost will not alter emissions monitoring systems (O2 sensors) via tuning