Brew City Boost is proud to present the ultimate custom tuning for your EcoBoost F150. By re-calibrating your vehicle’s computer for Maximum Horsepower & Torque, Increased Throttle Response, Firmer Shifts and even Increased Fuel Mileage.
This device includes both our Highlander and MacGyver Adaptive tunes, and any standard Bullydog / SCT canned tunes (as available). Additional custom tunes can be selected at a discounted rate. Please describe details of additional tunes in the “Types of Custom Tunes Requested” field above.
About BCB’s Adaptive Tunes: BCB has developed some very versatile tuning for the F150. Through algorithms the truck will sense what octane fuel its running and automatically adjust tuning to accordingly. The result is one less thing you need to think about! This is great for road trips where you can never be sure what fuel grades will be available, also nice if different people might be filling up the tank, and just easier in general if you run different grades of fuel.
- Highlander – (our adaptive version of our Daily Performance tune) An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- MacGyver – (our adaptive version of our Tow tune) – Specifically designed for towing. Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
About Custom BCB Tuning: BCB’s custom tuning is completely tailored to your vehicle through data logging and revisions. With our custom tuning we make each tune specific to your vehicles modifications, the specific fuel you run, altitude, ect. By data logging we can monitor how the vehicle is responding which allows us to make make any tweaks to completely optimize your tune through revisions. If you ever add a bolt-on part afterwords send us a log and we will make any necessary adjustments.
- Daily Performance tune – An all-around performance tune designed for everyday use. Engine responsiveness and power is increased, and transmission shift points and pressure are optimized for performance while retaining everyday drivability.
- Tow tune – Specifically designed for towing. Engine power is increased while leaving margin for a wide range of potential towing loads. Transmission shift points, shift pressure and torque converter slip are optimized for towing.
- Race tune – Designed for competitive racing on 100+ octane or ethanol mixed fuels. These tunes are optimized for maximum acceleration by providing maximum power while minimizing MPH losses during shifting. Not recommended for street use.
About fuel types: Fuel grade plays a very important role in the type of gains that can be achieved in custom tuning an EcoBoost engine. Lower grades of fuel such as 87 or 89 octane are less resistant to knock, while higher grades such as 93 octane are more resistant to knock. The higher grade of fuel run allows us to tune for more spark advance and boost pressure, which translates to more power. Running an ethanol mixed fuel is an inexpensive way to increase the octane rating of your fuel. 100+ octane fuels are typically used only on race tracks.
Methanol: BCB can also tune for methanol injection. If you are running a meth kit please provide the details in the “What mods do you have field”.
About Spark Plugs: Spark plug gap on tuned EcoBoosts should be set at 0.028″.
About the GTX:
SCT’s GTX is a no computers necessary tuning device. SCT calls it the easiest to use tuner on the market, loaded with powerful features and SCTs most advanced hardware to-date. The GTX performance programmer starts up in under 10 seconds and is super-responsive, sporting a 5-inch capacitive glass touch screen that rivals today’s smartphones. Along with the ability to hold 20 custom tunes, GTX comes preloaded with multiple SCT tuning levels. GTX is also the premier data monitoring solution, giving drivers the ability to monitor the industry’s most extensive list of PIDS, or engine parameters, on an easy-to-use device. Its high-resolution customizable gauges and WiFi connectivity add to the truly unparalleled user experience.
Drivers can log vehicle performance data as they drive, and play it back later using SCT’s free LiveLink software. GTX also gives users greater insight into their vehicle by reading out and clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). GTX’s unique grab n’ go magnetic mounting system allows the device to be kept front-and-center while driving, and then quickly stowed away when not in use. Finally, for those who want to take their vehicle to the next level, GTX can receive custom BCB tunes via WiFi.
Fuel Related links:
Livelink Software – used for setting up your device for Datalogging, and transferring datalogs from your device to your computer.
Device Updater – used for adding custom tunes to your device and updating the firmware on your device
This tuning product is not compatible with other plug in tuning devices like BoostMAX, PedalMAX, Scorcher Module, or similar. Likewise, manual boost controllers are not compatible. Notify us of any and all modifications prior to tuning.
*This product is not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles
*Brew City Boost will not alter emissions monitoring systems (O2 sensors) via tuning.