GEN2 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Freak-O-Boost Front Mount Intercooler Kit from Full Race
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler is an easy bolt-on installation for any turbocharged vehicle. Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock 2015-2016 F150 intercooler is located below the radiator in the lower front grille area. This stock ecoboost intercooler uses a thin aluminum core crimped to plastic endtanks. The design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However high performance and larger turbos can over-work the stock core, causing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. The F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse, so high strength and durability are mandatory. Our gussetted thickwall aluminum upper-bracket and hand made endtanks are expertly TIG welded in precise fixtures and relocate the core out of harms way. We pressure test every intercooler to 50 psi on our test stand to ensure our customers never receive a leaking core (even small pinhole leaks can lose power). The lower support beam is hand-fabricated from high strength steel and powder coated black. This intercooler has a 3″ inlet / 3″ outlet and is available with AEM water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe.
*note* some older images are shown of the GEN1 intercooler with sheet metal end tanks. This new GEN2 system has the CFD designed cast endtanks.
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- CFD designed cast endtanks for optimal flow
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings – no tuning required
- Direct Bolt On – removal of shutter assembly required
- Optional Black Anodizing on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150’s to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
The Full-Race Ford F-150 EcoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit Includes:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (larger than the stock 6.5mm size) for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels.
- Intercooler Mounting Beam
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- Couplers and Clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
OEM Electronic Blow Off Valve option
TiAL Q BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)